Sunday, November 24, 2013

Iris Johansen's --Forever Dream


 Iris Johansen's

 Forever Dream

(A Re-Print)


The Forever Dream by Iris JohansenI  liked this book although I have to admit is isn't my favorite Iris Johansen read.  This is basically a re-print of a previous book and by the second chapter I started having deja vu moments by the third chapter I am pretty sure  that I read this book a couple of years ago.  That was ok, but just a surprise.

Jared Ryker is a gifted genetic scientist. But the brilliant recluse has never found anyone he can share his life with—until he meets Tania Orlinov, the incomparable prima ballerina and Soviet defector Tania has no interest in love, which only fuels Jared’s attraction, one that grows into an obsession.   Jared is a strong personality and he seems a bit cruel in his obsession with Tania at some places in the book. I liked Tania's character, but she seemed a bit wimpy and Jared was a bit too overpowering for me. I'm not sure if this is intentional because Johansen was trying to portray that  the dominant Russian male influence,  but after a certain point it became a bit frustrating.  Overall, I think this was a pretty good book.  There were steamy love scenes, but the interaction between characters began to take away from the plot and story flow. By the end of the book, I was a bit frustrated and it was a challenge to finish it.

Johansen is a well known award winning  American author of crime, fiction and romance novels who lives in Georgia.  You can find out more about her many books at her Goodreads author page.  You can join her mailing list/ fan club at her web site.

My Rating:

Heat Index:         *** (3 of 5 Stars)

Plot/ Story Line **** ( 4 of 5 Stars)

Overall:                *** ( 3 of 5 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment