Tuesday, November 5, 2013

What's the big idea with the little novels?

My last post was about  my disappointment with the new trend  of " "teaser" novellas that have shrunk down so much that they aren't enough to even catch the readers interest.  Then- Lo and behold, I opened up Virna De Paul's new fantasy romance book A Vampire's Salvation  and I was shocked to find out that it was only 77 pages long.   

 Steam immediately  began to pour out of my ears. I had my mind set on a full novel   and  I'm tired of being frustrated by half stories!   Can't a girl get a full length novel any more?   After breathing myself through what was potentially a full soap box rant, I decided to give this "novel" the benefit of the doubt.   De Paul's books have been pretty good so far.   Maybe she has the "chops" to pull this off.  Will give you the scoop on it in a day or two.  😳

No comments:

Post a Comment