Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bonds of Hope (Book #4 of the Wicked Play Series) by Lydia Archer Has Me Tied Up and Not Sure About It


Bonds of Hope

(Book 4 of the Wicked Play Series) by Lydia Aicher


Bonds of Hope by Lynda AicherHEAT INDEX:
****4 Stars
 
STORY :
***3 Stars
 
OVERALL RATING:
*** 3 Stars


I went through a ton of books in the last few weeks and I am now way behind on my reviews.  So look for my massive catch up efforts in the next week or so, because you know I hate to miss even one book that I can share with you guys and have SO MUCH to tell you about in my reading adventures.  So here's something juicy to get my readers back into the swing of things:

  As you know I am not a great fan of BDSM books but since it's a current fad, I  decided to read this book in my quest to keep my reading diversified.  Also, I had just gotten through with a blasé book and wanted something a bit spicy, controversial and different, which is just what the new BDSM fad tends to be. So here it is:

Lynda Aicher may be a new name for many readers, but she has already caught my eye. While EVERYBODY knows that 3/4 of the BDSM books are comparable if not exact in story line to that notorious 50 Shades, at least Aicher gave a good representation of something different. In "Bonds of Hope", Quinn is an actress who wants to really experience her next role as a Sub (Submissive) in a BDSM film, so she arranges for a week in an exclusive club where she is to be a Sub. She ends up with an attraction to Marcus, the hot Dom and a blooming interest in the BDSM world. Overall, this was a good story that was believable and not all about just sex. I appreciate the way Aicher tells this story. It was different and that in itself was refreshing.

Of course, by this time, I think a lot of readers are ready for the next reading trend, and I am becoming one of them.  I just couldn't tell if  her story was just a so-so story, or if I am becoming jaded because it seems that all of these books are just replicas.   I guess I just don't get it. I don't understand why so many authors are trying to replicate something that is extremely hard to top much les simulate.  

I am interested in more of Aichers books to find out if she can really develop a unique plot. I think she made all of this story that she could and it was very interesting. I just never found a "Wow factor". Marcus' character was really hot and interesting at some points, but then it would fizzle back into blase. As I said, I look forward to reading Aicher's other books (not part of the BDSM series). I have a feeling that she has a lot great stories to write and I look forward to it.   You know I will be following up with you as soon as I can grab one of her other books to review--- so stay tuned!!  In the mean time, add a comment if  you have read her books and tell me what you think.  Or, just share a recommendation of one of her good books.

You can read about Lynda Archer at  her  Amazon author page or her web site.  You can grab a copy of the Bonds of Hope ebook for your Nook at Barnes & Noble for $3.99 or get the Kindle Edition  for about $3.03 at Amazon where the Audio book is $15.95.  Currently no hard copies have been released.

Thanks to the publisher for giving me this book in exchange for a fair review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment