Monday, October 7, 2013

Charlotte Stein's "Run To Me"- You HAVE TO Read It For Yourself!!


Charlotte Stein  (Author of best selling Mischief titles: Power Play, Deep Desires and Make Me)


Heat Index:  **** (4 Stars)

Overall:      ***** (5 Stars)


  I often get tired of the same old story lines, but there is nothing about this story that's cliché.  and it's so refreshing to read how Charlotte Stein spins a story.   Stein has a vivid imagination and boy does it show-- from the steamy bedroom scenes to the twists and turns in the plot.  I couldn't put this book down. Every time I thought I knew what was coming, I was surprised with something new.
Alissa's roommate suddenly goes out of town.  While envying her roommates sophistication and glamour, Alissa comes across her datebook and sees a certain "Assignation" noted every week at the same time and place.  Curious, like a true girlfriend, she decides to take her place and see where this is and what she has been doing each week.   Alissa ends up in a fancy hotel room with a strange man and some unusual toys.   That's when she realizes that her roommate is into casual sex meetings (with a bit of kinky).  She thinks she has managed to get out of the situation anonymously, but finds out that she is only beginning to get involved.
I love Alissa's character!!   She was naïve at times, but still comes across as a believable character with a character flaws (a real woman).  Stein's smooth writing style ensures that readers will quickly empathize with Alissa and become involved in her story.    She had me laughing on one page and then the next few pages were a totally different emotion.   At some points I was so involved that I wanted to yell at Alissa like at the movie theater: "Don't do that!" or "I can't believe you did that!!"
All I can say is "Now I have to add another author to my list of favorites.   This was my first time reading Stein's work, and I can't wait to find my next read from her book list.   If you are looking for a book that's NOT predictable, steamy , fun and just an all around good story,  Charlotte Stein is clearly a writer you have to experience. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment